The Great White Shark Expedition
One of my top favorites offers you the ultimate live-aboard
diving adventure. Fifty miles out to sea from Port Lincoln, South Australia,
we anchor near huge colonies of sea lions which attact the great
white sharks. The cruise boards and disembarks in the small seaport of Port
Lincoln (near Adelaide), Australia.
- M.V.Princess II is 76 feet long with six ensuite double cabins,
a huge salon and an efficient dive deck The vessel is equipped to put clients
into floating cages and an elevator for filming great white sharks both at
the surface and 60 feet below our boat where the sharks actually prowl.
- Dates in January and February, July through September have the best shark
- Unlimited time in cages (water temperature is 64 -69 F).
- Shore walks to film sea lion colonies and sea birds.
- Topside filming of white sharks working
around cages when you are not in the cage yourself.
- Since cages are at the surface, each dive can last up to an hour or
more. One or more sharks come to the area and prowl around the cages.
The boat crew arranges for baits to bring the sharks to you.
- For a report on a recent cruise please access our "latest
from famous divers" section.
View one of our many slide shows; this one on the Great
White Sharks themselves.